Attention show secretaries! We have one of the lowest sanction fees of any National breed club! The fee is only $7.00 per show, and youth is added free if requested with open. Please consider supporting our breed by sanctioning your shows. Click here to download a printable sanction form.
For members: What does "sanctioned" mean? If an all-breed rabbit show is sanctioned with the American Rabbit Breeders Association, it can be sanctioned with the NSRC. That simply means that the show secretary will turn in a report to our club secretary, and members who show there will earn sweepstakes points toward our annual competition. If an ARBA show is not sanctioned by the NSRC, you can still show your Silvers, but you will not earn national points for them. You can help out by showing more Silvers and promoting the breed in your area, and if they become more common, they will be more likely to be sanctioned by the local club hosting the show. Most host clubs also allow you to pay to sanction your breed if you contact them in advance.
2017 ALL SILVER SHOW
The 2017 Silver Nationals will be held April 22-23 in Gunnison, CO. Our Nationals will be held in conjunction with the Rocky Mountain High Shows, Inc. Colorado state convention. The show will be held at the Gunnison County Fairgrounds. Gunnison is located in the central part of Colorado. It is a beautiful mountain town known for hunting and fishing. The Crested Butte Resort and Curecanti National Recreation Area are nearby. Gunnison was the location of the first settlement of fur trappers in Colorado; and it is an old gold mining town. The area is known as the Colorado Yukon. It is a great place to take a vacation before or after the show.
We will have the opportunity to show our silvers in four shows during the weekend. The National Silver show will be Saturday, along with the state convention all breed open and youth show. A Silver Specialty will be Sunday with the Western Colorado all breed open and youth show. In order to finish the Western Colorado show, some breeds will be shown on Saturday.
The Silver exhibitors are invited to join all Colorado state exhibitors for a catered barbeque buffet Saturday night. The buffet will be in an adjacent room at the fairgrounds. Cost is $12 per adult and $8 per child under 12.
Judges for the weekend include: Cathy Szychulda, CA; Jennifer Milburn, CA; Ashley Garza, CA; Allan Ormond, UT; Brian Coates, WY; Sean Smith, WY; other judges to be added at club’s discretion.
Entry fees are as follows: $5.00 for Silver Nationals; $4.50 for Open/$4.00 for Youth; $4.00 for Silver Specialty. Entries will be submitted to the Western Colorado RBA secretary.
Educational Program to be provided Saturday afternoon, subject(s) to be determined.
Days Inn – 1 800-329-1992
Questions? Contact Teri Peterson at 970-301-6530 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Remember, you can still show Silvers at any regular ARBA show, even if the breed is not sanctioned!
- ARBA District 1 -(Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Alaska; Canada for Alberta, Saskatchewan and British Columbia; Japan.)
- ARBA District 2 -(California, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, Hawaii, and Mexico.)
- ARBA District 3 -( North Dakota, South Dakota, Nebraska, Minnesota, lowa, and Wisconsin.)
- ARBA District 4 -(Colorado, New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.)
January 28, 2017 - Fort Worth, TX. Southwestern Exposition & Livestock Show. OPEN
January 29, 2017 - Fort Worth, TX. Southwestern Exposition & Livestock Show. YOUTH
- ARBA District 5 -(Kansas, Missouri, and Illinois.)
April 1, 2017 - Sedalia, MO. Midwest Trailblazers RC. DOUBLE OPEN
April 2, 2017 - Sedalia, MO. Midwest Trailblazers RC. OPEN
- ARBA District 6 -(Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Puerto Rico, Tennessee, and Alabama.)
- ARBA District 7 -(New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, Maine, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Quebec, and east Canada.)
- ARBA District 8 -(Michigan, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky; Manitoba, and Ontario Canada.)
- ARBA District 9 -( Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Virginia, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, North Carolina, South Carolina, District of Columbia, and other f0reign countries.)